Thursday, April 22, 2010

Research is done by money!


Few weeks ago I was at Iran-Open 2010 RoboCup competitions which again was held in Tehran International Fair. Our team, AriAnA&AVA, was participated as previous but, this time without its staff members (except me only for evaluating performance of new members to be selected for future collaborations). Although it didn't go that much well for us and we stopped at semi-final round but, I had enough time to talk to participants and spectators.
One of disappointing facts that I usually notice in Iran-Open competitions is that most Iranian universities poorly support their RoboCup teams if they do it. It's one of reasons that I never expect to see an advanced research in the biggest annual robotics event in Iran.
This problem could never exist in my opinion if our universities (professors and students) knew how to demonstrate their capabilities to get found from industry and our industry believed that paying for research is not a waste at all.
Anyway, I'm so happy that I'm working in a team that its university side (our staff members) know how to get budget from industry and its industry side believe in what we're paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment